Grace Emerges

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Ponderings on a Faith Journey: Process Theology and the Quest for Justice (Bruce...

repost from:  Ponderings on a Faith Journey: Process Theology and the Quest for Justice (Bruce...: "


Process Theology and the Quest for Justice (Bruce Epperly)



I started a conversation with the question: Does God care about Justice? There are a number of reaons why I'm doing this, but perhaps most importantly this conversation raises the question as to what our calling is as God's people in the world. Am I called to acts of compassion only, or am I called to seek to change the social realities that marginalize people and work to destroy the world in which we live? To me, justice has to do with (to quote the Disciples mission statement) seeking to bring wholeness to a fragmented world. Regarding the first -- I see the kinds of responses that church folk offer to the people of Joplin or Japan. Regarding the latter (justice) I see working to change systems that dehumanize folks. Both are important and even essential, and belong together. In that regard, Bruce Epperly offers some thoughts about justice from the perspective of Process Theology as part of his series on that topic. I invite you to read and respond.(more...)

No comments:

Post a Comment